AnonAddy is an open-source anonymous email forwarding service that allows you to create unlimited email aliases for free. The name AnonAddy is short for “anonymous email address”.
# Why should I use AnonAddy?
* Protect your real email address from spam by simply deactivating/deleting aliases that receive unsolicited emails
* Identify who has sold your data by using a different email address for every site
* Protect your identity in the event of a data breach by making it difficult for hackers to cross-reference your accounts
* Prevent inbox snooping by encrypting all inbound emails using GPG/OpenPGP encryption
* Update where emails are forwarded without having to go through and change your email address for each site individually
* Reply to forwarded emails anonymously without revealing your true email address
# How does it work?
1. Register your username
Let’s say your username is johndoe. You can now use *@johndoe.anonaddy.com (or .me) as your email. Where * denotes any valid local part for an email address.
If you would like to remain anonymous choose a username that is not linked to your real name or identify and that you haven’t used anywhere else.
2. Create Aliases On The Fly (or generate UUID aliases)
Next time you are signing up to a website or newsletter, simply make up a new alias and enter that instead of your real email address.
For example, if you are on vuejs.org and you want to sign up to their newsletter you could simply enter [email protected] (or .me).
We’ll automatically create the alias in your dashboard as soon as it receives its first email. You can reply to emails anonymously too!
3. Manage Aliases
Let’s say a spammer gets hold of one of your aliases and starts sending unsolicited email to it. You can simply toggle a switch in your dashboard and deactivate that alias.
Our system will then silently discard any further emails and you won’t be forwarded anything else for that alias.
You can also delete the alias. Then our system will reject any emails and respond with an error.